获得高级隐藏所有广告
发表: 25   谁浏览过: 184 users

投票

What to do when a rank 0/1 player joins your game?

Let him win. Bust his morale.
Just go easy on him.
Kill him like a bug.

投票总数: 82
11.04.2011 - 15:15
This is a new dabeta. New players join every day thanks to Ivans and Amoks hard work. Now, if we crush the newbie would he still stay and continue his expirience in AW.

The question is. 1. Do we let them win, busting their morale and possibly getting an AW donor.
2. Just go easy on them.
3. Crush the little guy like a bug.

So, vote. Lets see your oppinion on this topic.
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 15:25
Kill him, but always be supportive. That is lacking and I think is both nice and you don't lose time and ego.
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 15:33
I mostly give them some time to expand. Except they expand into my direction
----
On the cool side of Thievery.
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 15:42
This is what two things were invented for: the beginners lounge and min rank.
----
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 16:17
I don't separate newbies from experienced players, so I tend to kill then. That doesn't mean it has to be a bad experience for him at all. If he asks me, or if I see him making basic mistakes then I send some advices via PM.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 18:11
Everyone needs to learn, and you can only learn from players who are better than you, so i crush them.
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 18:11
 Rawk
As one of the newer players, I would rather my opponent just do what he normally would. That said, it usually means I lose. I'm ok with it, although I would prefer if newbies played together more. I would like to see more advice given though.

Edit: There is a time when doing it is douchebaggery. I gathered some noobs together and started a game in the beginner's room. Trolling decided to latejoin and send 80 units at my capital. We both lost as a result. My own fault for not grabbing that country, but I did not expect anyone else to join that game. Regardless of it being my own fault or not, he only did it to be a prick.

That's the only thing I dislike about this game (and all online games, truth be told). There's always a high ratio of idiot assholes to ruin the fun. Anyway, that's the last time I advertise for a noob game in the main room.
载入中...
载入中...
11.04.2011 - 22:50
作者: Rawk, 11.04.2011 at 18:11

Bunch of text

Don't worry man, it's in his nature, after all he is a troll. But if you want to play with some inexpierienced players, try advertising it in the main or global, then setting it up so that only zero to a certain rank can join, i'd suggest 0-4. Happy huntin man.
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 04:30
作者: Garde, 11.04.2011 at 22:50

Bunch of text

Don't worry man, it's in his nature, after all he is a troll. But if you want to play with some inexpierienced players, try advertising it in the main or global, then setting it up so that only zer to a certain rank can join, i'd suggest 0-4. Happy huntin man.

Im a troll?
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 07:15
I think there is a little bit of troll in everyone
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 09:04
Verry True, As of now though your lerned to:
A) watch for late game joins
B) Better protect your capital
C) use the options more
D) a new stratagy.

Though most people look at trolling as a detriment to the game i always alow Max turns in my games and have been trolled by up to 6 diferent players over and over in the same game. Did i loose, Yes eventualy but the SP i gained from them was way more then i would have gained in a non trolled game.
Remember there are weeknesses to trolling and here are a few.
after you blitz if you loose all your troops you will loose
if they build max troops and dont conqure any land they will generaly run out of mony fast(Not in 25-50k game)
Bombers,airdefence and High mobility works well against trollers.
Your general lowers your unit stacks cost so keep him neer your capital with a ton of troops to stop a troll or slow them down.
----
Where's the BEEF!
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 11:52
I don't think it's a problem killing new players. They will learn the various tactics used and we will feel like a pro.

Eventually they will turn into an old player themselves. Killing them probably makes them better faster than playing easy on them.
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 14:45
作者: Reaper 13, 12.04.2011 at 04:30

Bunch of text

Don't worry man, it's in his nature, after all he is a troll. But if you want to play with some inexpierienced players, try advertising it in the main or global, then setting it up so that only zero to a certain rank can join, i'd suggest 0-4. Happy huntin man.

Im a troll?

I thought he meant the a actual player Trolling XD
so who are we talking about here exactly then?
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 15:12
Behead those of low rank!

(I don't differenciate)
----
Beheading infidels is a patriotic duty
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 15:39
At times I find myself talking and teaching when I find a newplayer... as long as they are nice im all for it.. but if they start talking smack there good as dead
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 17:24
I think i take a simalar approach to Marc some times i ally them and use them as a barrier so that they arnt over run instanly and i dont have to do all the work for a good amount of game assuming my eney is good enough to take care of my ally for me.

The enemy of my enemy isnt my ally just someone i don't want pissed at me.

Edit: Just wondering who was the one kind soul among us?
载入中...
载入中...
12.04.2011 - 17:53
Don't care.Remove him from the premises.
载入中...
载入中...
13.04.2011 - 02:40
作者: Garde, 12.04.2011 at 14:45

作者: Reaper 13, 12.04.2011 at 04:30

Bunch of text

Im a troll?

I thought he meant the a actual player Trolling XD
so who are we talking about here exactly then?

ouhhh xDD okay, continue xD
载入中...
载入中...
13.04.2011 - 02:41
作者: specter, 12.04.2011 at 17:24

I think i take a simalar approach to Marc some times i ally them and use them as a barrier so that they arnt over run instanly and i dont have to do all the work for a good amount of game assuming my eney is good enough to take care of my ally for me.

The enemy of my enemy isnt my ally just someone i don't want pissed at me.

Edit: Just wondering who was the one kind soul among us?

Me.
载入中...
载入中...
13.04.2011 - 13:39
作者: MarcJr, 12.04.2011 at 07:15

I think there is a little bit of troll in everyone

I second that
载入中...
载入中...
16.04.2011 - 20:58
 vbf
Murder his tiny army with my African superpower.
载入中...
载入中...
17.04.2011 - 00:57
Who keeps deleting my posts?

I ain't even mad :3 (Allah stops me from being mad)
----
Beheading infidels is a patriotic duty
载入中...
载入中...
28.04.2011 - 16:26
You got to learn sometime. It can be annoying when you are playing in Europe and two more experienced players ally against you. Then the small player who is clearly new asks for an alliance and you are stuck in a situation where you have to accept or end up in an even bigger gangbang.

They must be crushed but don't be mean. I like to help people, especially newer players but I'm not going to give up a game just to go easy on someone.
载入中...
载入中...
05.05.2011 - 22:37
I tend to kill them but teach them at the same time. give them tips on what strats are the best and whatever else they want to know. i dont actually let them win just make sure i dont smash them as hard as i could be doing.
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
载入中...
载入中...
20.04.2023 - 17:31
I personally treat new players like how other older players treat me, which is apparently to kill them like a bug… and I don't plan on changing this attitude.
----
I shit in the dark so that you can't flush the toilet in the day.
-Dr. Bright
载入中...
载入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隐私条例 | 服务条例 | 横额 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我们在

将游戏传播出去!