获得高级隐藏所有广告
发表: 96   谁浏览过: 204 users

原发表

发表从 Meester, 20.02.2015 - 19:44
In light of many recent questions, we are hosting an ask a mod anything about moderating thread. Please post if you have any general questions about moderating.

Please don't post if you are not asking a question, asking a non-serious question, a non-AW question, or asking about your specific circumstances. If you ignore my polite request you risk losing your posting privileges.
21.02.2015 - 16:40
作者: Exo-K, 21.02.2015 at 15:55

isn't it easier for a mod to just ford the complaint to another mod who doesn't know the person that well so it's impossible to give preferential treatment as it's rather common for biased to happen if you know the person (for better or worse) understandably with atwar being the small community it is this can't always happen but wouldn't it go towards stopping players from screaming that they are getting picked on by a specific mod?

In that case... what mod doesn't know death? or which mod doesn't know waffel? or many other old players such as those
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 16:45
作者: RaulPB, 21.02.2015 at 16:40

isn't it easier for a mod to just ford the complaint to another mod who doesn't know the person that well so it's impossible to give preferential treatment as it's rather common for biased to happen if you know the person (for better or worse) understandably with atwar being the small community it is this can't always happen but wouldn't it go towards stopping players from screaming that they are getting picked on by a specific mod?

In that case... what mod doesn't know death? or which mod doesn't know waffel? or many other old players such as those

I know I said it's not always possible
----
The best players are those who think outside the box and aren't afraid to try something new
载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 17:05
作者: RaulPB, 21.02.2015 at 16:40

its not know but its friends with, which is the issue but is ignored by the mods
载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 17:08
作者: Meester, 21.02.2015 at 06:30

作者: minusSeven, 21.02.2015 at 06:19

What guidelines do you follow to when you(mod) is being accused of preferential treatment ? Also what steps do you take to be neutral and unbiased in your role especially when your friends are involved ?

1st Question: We do not currently have any written guidelines on how to handle such a situation, but as far as I know mods are mature enough to give out fair and equal punishments regardless of personal ties to a person.

2nd Question: I'm speaking for myself here, but if I am forced to ban/mute a friend I generally try and give out equal punishment. Most of my friends are too terrible though so they normally get 24hrs to 1 week mutes max *stares at death*.

Your answer to question one is my biggest issue, there is no where at all that mods have stated that its an issue if a mod were to act out of bias whether in favor of a player or against a player and that is an issue. Mods are given this power without any balance on their power and are free to abuse the system because the other mods can simply turn their eyes away and act as if nothing happened, which honestly is what happens most of the time. Until there is some agreeance and implementation of a method to prevent bias actions it will only keep getting worse and will spiral into a dysfunctional system (well it already is)
载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 19:39
作者: Skills., 21.02.2015 at 06:33

Are you worthy of my love???

The true question should be are you worthy of mine?

作者: RaulPB, 21.02.2015 at 10:30

Why are mods so cruel, unfriendly, harsh, poisonous, heartbreaking, stone cold, etc. to simple mortals such as me? I think I made all the praying to mods I was supposed to do

Its just like in real life not everyone you meet is going to be friendly day 1.

Second question: What kind of government would AW be politically talking?

Cryptarchy

Third: Would any mod ever admit being bias in the theoretical case he is behaving that way? (Pls, don't think I'm acusing anyone of being that way) And would there be any meassure against that person?

I'm not sure about the others but I would, if I sensed I'm being biased in some way (all about point of view). Regarding your second question, its would lead to a discussion that would most likely equalize the punishment handed out. Obvious because we can't have written down rules for everything we tend to use what we know from the discussions as guidelines.

作者: brianwl, 21.02.2015 at 13:34

Meester, being the sexiest mod, were other mods envious of you? Just kidding, i know you said serious questions only, and though i think this is a serious question, perhaps others will not think so... But i have to ask, what is the most difficult part of being a mod... i.e. what gives you the 'biggest face palm' reaction, or causes the most frustration for you?

Of course they were envious. The most difficult part would definitely be the handling the out burst of players after being muted of banned. This normally results in longer muted/bans and can even lead to IP bans. We try to avoid such measures but when no choice is left we tend to use them.
载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 20:20
Do you work for the jews?
载入中...
载入中...
21.02.2015 - 20:36
作者: Aetius, 21.02.2015 at 20:20

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you.
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 00:45
作者: brianwl, 21.02.2015 at 13:34

Meester, being the sexiest mod, were other mods envious of you? Just kidding, i know you said serious questions only, and though i think this is a serious question, perhaps others will not think so... But i have to ask, what is the most difficult part of being a mod... i.e. what gives you the 'biggest face palm' reaction, or causes the most frustration for you?

Giving players a second chance and regretting it a couple of weeks later. Some players just return to old anti-social patterns and abuse trust.
----
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 00:46

Only if Anti-semites are in the area.
----
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 06:21
Why has player of the year/season been neglected and left to fall by the wayside?

Can there be official mod hosted tournaments once maybe twice a year where the admins provide the awards?
----
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 06:41

Yes, Meester is my sex slave
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 07:20
作者: Meester, 21.02.2015 at 19:39

Its just like in real life not everyone you meet is going to be friendly day 1.

But but but... It's already day 2! And as for CD it's already day 30 and he hasn't bought me any flowers to celebrate our first month I want to change my favourite mod.... where's the office for that?

Cryptarchy

As a fully rightful citizen of AtWarpolis I demand to know who really is in charge here! We want transparency!

I'm not sure about the others but I would, if I sensed I'm being biased in some way (all about point of view). Regarding your second question, its would lead to a discussion that would most likely equalize the punishment handed out. Obvious because we can't have written down rules for everything we tend to use what we know from the discussions as guidelines.

Hm... do you think it's that easy to realize if you're being bias by yourself? To me it's somehow difficult since I usually would tend to think I'm doing the right thing eventhough I'm being conscious about taking a decision that affects a friend.
So you would just give a fairer punishment to the guy that broke a rule but nothing would happen to that mod right?
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 07:54
作者: clovis1122, 21.02.2015 at 05:42

Do mods have something planned on their super secret forums about making a thread where we can ask "anything" ? I have lot of questions about the life and the universe....

Can are ask serious questions? everybody is asking too much things...
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 07:55
作者: RaulPB, 22.02.2015 at 07:20

Hm... do you think it's that easy to realize if you're being bias by yourself? To me it's somehow difficult since I usually would tend to think I'm doing the right thing eventhough I'm being conscious about taking a decision that affects a friend.
So you would just give a fairer punishment to the guy that broke a rule but nothing would happen to that mod right?

Like is said its the point of view that decides if a person is bias. When I had out punishments I tend to see them as fair and justified, other or the person involved might not.
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 08:49
作者: Meester, 22.02.2015 at 07:55

Like is said its the point of view that decides if a person is bias. When I had out punishments I tend to see them as fair and justified, other or the person involved might not.

So a mod wouldnt be punished for being bias right?
----
We're all people.

载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 09:24
作者: RaulPB, 22.02.2015 at 08:49

作者: Meester, 22.02.2015 at 07:55

So a mod wouldnt be punished for being bias right?

This is can't be 100% sure of because there never has been such scenario, but if you were to ask me I would say the punishment would be equalized and the mod would be stripped. If your going to be a mod you really got to be fair in judgement or your going to cause more problems than you solve.
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 12:20
作者: Meester, 22.02.2015 at 09:24

This is can't be 100% sure of because there never has been such scenario, but if you were to ask me I would say the punishment would be equalized and the mod would be stripped. If your going to be a mod you really got to be fair in judgement or your going to cause more problems than you solve.

I'm guessing there's no way other mods would even dare to classify another's mod actions as bias and a mod wouldn't admit being bias easily. I agree with your last sentence though, it's a hard job.
----
We're all people.

载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 12:28
作者: RaulPB, 22.02.2015 at 12:20

作者: Meester, 22.02.2015 at 09:24

I'm guessing there's no way other mods would even dare to classify another's mod actions as bias and a mod wouldn't admit being bias easily. I agree with your last sentence though, it's a hard job.

Certain decisions are discussed in Mod forum. In some cases specific Mods abstain from deciding on particular players and leave decision to other Mods,that are/were not affected by these particular players.
----
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 12:55
Okay so are going to ask much big serious question:

It is true that all mods have super OP bugs in their forums and they use them for games?
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 13:08
Will you buy meth from me

i do good offers
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 20:52
DirecTV cable or comcast?
----
[pr] Your Camel: Al Fappino: fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap, what day is it fap?

If you go on ebay and find a life, lmk so i can give you cash so u can get it-Commando Eagle
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 20:55
作者: clovis1122, 22.02.2015 at 12:55

It is true that all mods have super OP bugs in their forums and they use them for games?

No

作者: Trooper21, 22.02.2015 at 13:08

Will you buy meth from me

i do good offers

You offer.

作者: Camel, 22.02.2015 at 20:52

DirecTV cable or comcast?

I don't watch TV.
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 21:21
Are mods actually demi-gods made by the higher atWar gods of Amok and Ivan?
----
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 21:23
Lol
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 21:30
Chrome, firefox, IE8 or other browser?
----

If you go on ebay and find a life, lmk so i can give you cash so u can get it-Commando Eagle
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 21:41
作者: ManlyMan, 22.02.2015 at 21:21

Are mods actually demi-gods made by the higher atWar gods of Amok and Ivan?

Yes.

作者: Camel, 22.02.2015 at 21:30

Chrome, firefox, IE8 or other browser?

Chrome
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 22:03
Apple android or microsoft
----

载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 22:23
 KYBL
If I change my username to SS-Kentuckyball, would I be banned?
----

载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 22:25
When will unleashed be unbanned?
载入中...
载入中...
22.02.2015 - 22:30
作者: Camel, 22.02.2015 at 22:03

Apple android or microsoft

No.Just no.

作者: KYBL, 22.02.2015 at 22:23

If I change my username to SS-Kentuckyball, would I be banned?

No. SS can also be used for ships.

作者: Tundy, 22.02.2015 at 22:25

When will unleashed be unbanned?

6x10^7 years from now.
载入中...
载入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隐私条例 | 服务条例 | 横额 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我们在

将游戏传播出去!