It took me 6 turns in a row to actually TB it, how is this even possible:
01.06.2013 - 13:58
引句:
引句:
作者: Tundy, 01.06.2013 at 13:41

作者: tophat, 01.06.2013 at 11:37

作者: Tundy, 01.06.2013 at 08:41

作者: Goblin, 01.06.2013 at 05:38

I agree with you that lower ranks have a significant disadvantage in world games; adding flower power and removing walk through units would best serve this. The new system is much better and fine as it is. As i have explained in this thread and many others.

Could you please explain to me what is the flower power?

really, and you say you played the old afterwind?

its when you make small pentagon of 5 bombers and you have your main stack in the middle, therefore they need to destroy 1 bomber to be able to attack your stack.

You're forgetting the most essential part. You have your five bombers around your stack yes, but you remake it every turn from the inside.

i didn't know that, back then i was rank 4 without SM.

Haha, alright well now you know.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
载入中...
载入中...
02.06.2013 - 21:15
Here, this is why.

作者: tophat, 01.06.2013 at 11:37

Agreed on everything except the return of the old TB system. This will not solve this problem in anyway or form. I guarantee to you all that if it were to return, the situation would be worse and there would be a significant loss of strategy and competitiveness. First of all, the very concept of having an immediate 50% chance of turnblocking with one unit is an instant simplification of strategy. The current system offers various alternatives to turnblocking, less probable, however diversely both tactical and technical. Currently, the delaying of transports, coastal cities, secondary sources/cities are viable options that players can attempt to successfully turnblock in accordance to a given situation. Many think it's too arduous to amount 50% of the units of the stack you want to turnblock, and that it encourages the removal of strategy. Their problem is that they're too caught up in the immediate solution to halt an enemy's movement with the initial concept of turnblocking an enemy's first movement and/or most important stack. It's true, nevertheless, that attempting this turnblock is difficult considering you must amount 50% of an enemy's stack in order to have a 50% chance of succeeding. What most don't come to realize, is that there are other ways that one can go about turnblocking an enemy. Like I mentioned earlier, you can turnblock transports, coastal cities; both initial priorities or secondary sources to an attachment stack, you can also turnblock secondary sources, or sources that will have an attachment stack accorded to them, that being if you can predetermine this action by your enemy. Lastly, you turnblock cities or stacks with 1-4 units with 1 unit and have your maximum 50% of success just like the old TB system. There's also a lot of misconceptions that several are flaunting, due to a lack of misunderstanding the system and its varieties and outcomes. The system works in priorities. For instance, there's first movement versus first movement, second versus second, third versus third and so on; equal movement priorities that is. Then, there's all the other combinations. (1v2, 2v1, 1v3, 3v1, 1v4, 4v1) (1v26, 22v5) I'm just naming a bunch of random movement combinations determining various success rates and clauses. The point is that the system we now have is much more complex and strategic in comparison to the older one. Obviously, this has resulted in several bugs, none of which are major, but that have surely troubled several of the experienced players of the game. I suggest a full report and explanation of the TB systems from the admins, and maybe even a bit of the coding, so that we can all evaluate the system in its whole, and determine the flaws, problems and so on.

Back to your post Pulse, I agree with absolutely everything else. It would be beneficial for the game to have all of what you're suggesting. I'm pleased that you mentioned the "flower power". I agree here as well, the whole "walk through units" thing, was a bad implementation. First of all, I fail to discern the logic behind this, and it also removes strategic opportunity to the gameplay from a competitive perspective. The return of the flower power would add a lot of strategy back to the game as well as greatly enhance larger scale wars.

----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
载入中...
载入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隐私条例 | 服务条例 | 横额 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我们在

将游戏传播出去!